Tennis

Sania Mirza loses 26 kilos ahead of January return

India double tennis player Sania Mirza has shown the determination to return to action in January by losing 26 kilos in 4 months and trained 5 hours a day.

Sania who admitted not watching a lot of tennis games over the years had been out of action due to injury and the delivery of his son, Izhaan.

According to her, watching the game invariably reminds her of how much she missed being on the court after being forced out on the court during the WTA China Open in October 2017 due to a knee injury.

While stating that it irritates her a little watching the game, she said she is ready for action at the WTA Hobart International which commences January 11. She will then process to the Australian Open, alongside her partner, Nadiia Kichenok in doubles and American Rajeev Ram in mixed doubles.

Having been out of the court for more than two years, the six-time Grand Slam champion and former world doubles No. 1 has hit the reset button.

Speaking with HT from Hyderabad, the 33-year-old player admitted missing the sport she loves dearly adding that she missed the feeling of winning, competing, and getting her adrenaline flowing again on the court.

While stating that she could have quit the sport a couple of years ago after achieving everything she aimed for, Sania who pointed out that she has had a great career said the fact remains that she feels there is tennis left in her.

She also said that such thought was the last thing on her mind as she was preparing to become a first-time mother.

Speaking on her decision to start a family, Sania revealed that she was mentally prepared that she might not return to play tennis again, not knowing how her body would react.

Not knowing how she would feel emotionally and physically, the tennis legend noted that one of such instances was gaining weight during her pregnancy.

And so her primary objective after delivery wasn’t to think about getting back to playing tennis; it was getting back to being fit.

She further revealed that her decision to lose 23kg on the day she gave birth to her son was more about healthy living.

She succeeded in losing 26 kg in four months, and she is ready to add to her laurels as she returns to the tours.

 
 
Written by: Oladipupo Mojeed

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Andy Roddick says Cameron Norrie should feel ‘encouraged’ ahead of playing Novak Djokovic at the US Open

Former US Open champion Andy Roddick reckons Cameron Norrie should feel encouraged ahead of playing… Read More

August 29, 2025

Jannik Sinner goes past Alexei Popyrin, books R3 spot in New York

Top seed Jannik Sinner continued his rich form in the ongoing US Open, beating Australia’s… Read More

August 29, 2025

Lionel Messi says World Cup qualifier match against Venezuela is going to be very special

Lionel Messi said the World Cup qualifier match against Venezuela is going to be very… Read More

August 29, 2025

PKL 12: U Mumba vs Gujarat Giants, Match 4 – Preview

U Mumba will open their Pro Kabaddi League 2025 campaign against Gujarat Giants at the… Read More

August 29, 2025

PKL 12: Bengal Warriorz vs Haryana Steelers, Match 6 – Preview

Bengal Warriorz will kick off their PKL 12 campaign against reigning champions Haryana Steelers at… Read More

August 29, 2025

Ashwin is writing a different story – Aakash Chopra reacts to off-spinner’s IPL retirement

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has opened up on Ravichandran Ashwin’s decision to call… Read More

August 29, 2025